We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Why be grateful?
I know you have heard how important it is to be grateful, but why?
The answer is simple, because when you are able to appreciate the things you already have it makes you FEEL better. If happiness is one of your goals in life, then practicing gratitude would be the first step.
When we are able to show that we are grateful for the people, experiences, and things we have, we invite more of it into our lives.
I know personally, and can attest to the fact that showing gratitude works! Check out my upcoming blog post on some of the benefits you can expect from adopting a gratitude practice.
5 Easy Ways to Show Gratitude
Creating a practice of showing gratitude is really easy, in fact here is a quick list of tips to get you started:
- Tell Someone Face-to-Face: This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to show gratitude. Simply find someone who has done something for you and simply thank them.
- Help Someone Out: Another good way to show someone that you appreciate them, is to help them. The next time you see a need of theirs and you are capable, then fill that need.
- Treat Yourself: Showing yourself gratitude, is also a great practice to adopt. You can do this by taking some time out and doing something you enjoy.
- Write a Note: You can practice gratitude in your work environment as well. Writing a note complimenting someone on the awesome work they are doing is one way to do this.
- Give a Tip: If you’re out somewhere where someone’s job is to serve you, you can practice showing gratitude here. Especially if they are doing an exceptional job, giving a large tip helps to show them your appreciation.
There are so many areas in our lives everyday where we can show others that we appreciate them. In fact, I’m sure that you can think of a lot more than what is listed here. However, I hope that this quick list gives you a general idea where you can start.
Our actions are a reflection of who we are as people.