We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Make money from your Instagram!
Can you believe that we are already entering into the final holidays of the year already? I am so amazed at the amount of time that has flown by. Next week as you all are aware will be Thanksgiving here in the U.S. I happen to be one of many people who are planning to prepare Thanksgiving dinner in my home.
Trying to go out last minute shopping before Thanksgiving is an absolute NIGHTMARE. I have since learned to avoid the rude and crazy crowds of last minute shoppers by preparing myself in advance.
If you are planning on cooking next week, here are some items that you should have on hand in your kitchen.
6 Items to Have in Your Kitchen Before Thanksgiving
Top Work From Home Jobs
- Oven Mits: It sounds really silly, but I have actually forgotten these and had to run out to get some before! I also attempted to grab whatever cloth is around method, and after burning myself, that is a definite “no-no”.
- Measuring Cups: An absolute must have in your kitchen before thanksgiving. In the past, I’ve tried the “look and see” method of measurement and it’s usually unpredictable. When simply having measuring cups on hand can eliminate that particular stress.
- Aluminum Foil and Foil Pans: Having foil is handy not only during the prep, and cooking. It’s also great to have on hand when it’s time to put all your food up. Not everything will be able to section down into smaller containers, so you may have to just wrap and store. As Foil Pans, they are just amazing to use because it’s less hassle when it’s time to clean up. You can either clean it to re-use, recycle or just throw it away.
- Plastic Plates, Cups and Utensils: After cooking all day, the last thing you want to be doing is cleaning up the entire other half. Plastic ware is something that you also want to have on hand if you plan on having guests over to eat.
- Food Storage Containers: I can’t speak for everyone on this, but in my house leftovers is King. Having storage containers on hand, helps to make putting away the food just a little bit easier.
- Heavy Duty Trash bags: You’re going to pretty much need these throughout the entire process cooking process. You will also be needing them AFTER the cooking and especially during the clean up.
This mini-list of items is my “Thanksgiving Forget-Me-Not List”. It is a list of things that are often forgotten during the the holiday hustle and bustle. Please tell me in the comments what things are on your own thanksgiving must have items list! Don’t forget to check out some of my other seasonal posts: 10 Cute Gift Ideas for Her Under $10 on Amazon 2017 and 10 Amazing Gift Ideas for Your Harry Potter Nerd!
**This Post Contains Affiliate Links***