We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
New Year means New Goals!End your Procrastination Today
I know talked briefly about having a vision for 2018. However, I didn’t actually tell you WHAT some of my goals actually ARE for the new year.
One thing that I learned last year, when setting goals is to be SPECIFIC. For me that specificity requires breaking my goals down into categories. Since, I actually have quite a few goals for this year I organized the categories as follows:
- Health & Well Being
- Book Writing (Authoring?)
Each category has 5 main goals that I would like to accomplish this year. For the sake of attention spans though, I will only go over 1 goal I have in each section.
Goals For 2018Make money from your Instagram!
- Pay Down Some Debt– One of my financial goals for this year, is to pay down my debt. In some of my earlier posts, I talk about my student loans. Although they are a pain to me, I was able to obtain my degree, and so I am forever “indebted” you could say. I plan on accomplishing this goal by creating a financial strategy to help me with this. I found a useful post on 4 simple ways I can make this happen on The Budgetnista Blog.
Health and Well Being
- Drink More Water– I’m almost embarrassed that this is a struggle for me! It’s just I don’t feel like I drink enough water in my day. So, I made it something to work on this year. I don’t have to tell you guys just how important drinking water is either. To keep up with this goal, I decided to download an app to track the amount of water I drink everyday. I admit, I have tried apps like these in the past without much luck. Or random luck. This year will be different though, not just because it’s a new year but because this is something I WANT to do.
- Post More Consistently– I have been blogging less than a year, and I can say my biggest struggle is without a doubt consistency. Some days I just don’t feel inspired to write. However, that just isn’t a good reason not to. If I’m honest with myself it’s just an excuse. This year, in a effort to be more consistent with content on my blog, I will push past that feeling. Planning my post in advance with applications like Evernote, and Calendar on my phone will also be a great help.
Book Writing (Authoring)
- Publish 3 Books– This is actually not so much a resolution, as a goal-in-progress. Last year, I wasn’t too clear on where I saw myself as a writer. I actually didn’t make the decision to write a book until almost July! And even then, I struggled all last year to write. I did make a lot of progress though. I had published Betrayed last year, but decided to pull it for re-evaluation since it’s a memoir and very personal to me. Never Been to Venus was slated to be released a couple of days ago, but I knew it needed a little bit more time. I take a lot of pride in my work, and I do not want to disappoint my fans! So 2018, I will definitely be releasing Never Been to Venus, Heartbreak and Comebacks, and a fantasy/adventure (under my pen name).
- Go on A Cruise– I don’t travel a lot, which is one of the things I would like to change this year. I have plans for some mini-trips I want to take this year. The biggest trip I want to take however, is a family cruise with my kids this year. I think it will be a great experience for all of us, and it will also be something I can share with you guys on the blog!
- Make some Business Buddies– There are so many relationship goals I have for this year. I have my personal relationships, parenting, work ( I have a part-time job) and personal friendships. I have goals for those areas in my life that I want to work on. This year though, I want to make some more business buddies. I was blessed last year to make two amazing business buddies and we still engage and interact every now and then. But, I would love to make some new contacts! You can never have too many friends that are: on the same mission as you, that encourage, uplift and support you. It’s my goal to make at least 5 friends this year that are on the same page as me.
Goals Worth Fighting For
When deciding on things that I wanted to do this year, I had to get serious. In the past, I chose goals that I could easily wiggle my way out of. They were things I told myself I wanted to do, but I knew I wasn’t serious enough about doing them. This year, I picked things that I felt would make or break my year. Last year was such an amazing year for me! I want this time next year to look back and say the same thing I am saying now. In order to do that, these are the things that I have to do!